Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yuck


In the back of a SWAT truck.

This little living room setup was consumed in 2 minutes after the fire alarm went off. Our fire alarms are in working order:)

HALO Helicopter leaving.

This is the only time I want to see my kid in a HALO helicopter!

Well, the title sums it up right now.

I'm sick again. I've felt bad since Sunday and gotten progressively worse till I went to the doctor today. The doctor couldn't pinpoint it as strep or flu or whatever but I've got medicine I hope will work. I started to feel a tickle in my throat on Saturday but was still fine & we even went to a G.A.I.N. night in Youngtown. By Sunday morning I skipped church as I was losing my voice, had a cough, & swollen and itchy earlobes. What kind of symptom is swollen earlobes? Thankfully the swelling went away by Monday but I could barely talk. Someone worked my shift that night. By Tuesday I still can't talk well, throat hurts more,cough with phlegm, slight fever but feel cold.
I woke up clammy this morning and my throat hurt even worse. The strep test came back negative but was told sometimes that's not accurate. We had to miss Family Bible Study tonight so the kids were bummed about that. Todd is in Yuma otherwise he would have taken them. I'm hoping I'm feeling better by shift time on Friday.

End of my complaining:)

On a bright note, Joshua lost tooth #5 this afternoon without any drama or blood.

As I mentioned above we went to a G.A.I.N. night in Youngtown near our church. We saw SWAT vehicles,bomb robotics,fire trucks,K9 police,a fire demonstration, & a HALO air ambulance helicopter. We got plenty of freebies and didn't win some contests. We got to see the helicopter take off and we left after the firemen put out a controlled fire because Todd was going to play hockey.

No comments: