Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Today is Todd's birthday! He's lucky my mom is coming over otherwise he probably would not get dinner at one of his favorite restaurants this year-Texas Roadhouse. Birthdays will be suffering cutbacks this year. I usually have a problem getting him a present because his "want" list is stuff like a new Mac. Yeah,right. Both the Steelers & Cardinals have given me great birthday ideas just in time! Hard to believe. I think I need to buy division championship shirts for both teams in bulk so I have extra when they wear out. When will both of his teams go to the Superbowl together again? I think the chances are pretty slim. Oh, and the Penguins won on Sunday too so it was a hat trick of sorts even though it was just a regular season game for them. Still, all 3 of his teams won. I guess it was an early birthday present. Just in case any of you are unclear about this-Todd will be cheering for the Steeleres first, Cardinals 2nd. The Cards making it to the Superbowl have me thinking my Blackhawks could overcome their curse someday in my lifetime! Impossible things CAN happen.

No pictures today. Next Monday we have a field trip to a fire station so I hope to get some good pictures from that. We tour the station & the kids get to go in a fire safety trailer that teaches them what to do in case of a fire & how to get out. I think they blow fog in so it's "smokey".

We are thankful for the people who have been praying for Todd's job situation. The one really good prospect unfortunately did not pan out. The city of Phoenix has sent a rejection letter as well as a couple other companies. I know I'm pretty discouraged & am trying really hard not to worry. One of my favorite verses is in Jeremiah 29-For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord....plans to give you hope & a future...
I believe it deep down but it's certainly hard to remember in the midst of trouble. God has a plan. I just don't know what it is & it drives me nuts. I'm a good planner-why wouldn't he share it with me? Apparently He's a better planner. We're approaching 9 months of unemployment so we are still in need of prayer. I'd appreciate prayer for my job as well. I want to keep my blog fun & not bog it down with my complaints/frustrations there so I just ask for prayer for me to be able to "deal with it".



No comments: