Sunday, April 22, 2012

GOD'S GIRLZ ARE GOING TO NATIONALS!!!!!!!!

Some of the team eating at Chick-Fil-A during our fundraiser.
 The team with their 1st place State competition plaque!

The team & coaches.



I just want to shout from my rooftop that my daughter is on a Junior Bible Quiz team headed to the National competition level!!! Wow!!! God's Girlz competed yesterday in the State competition against 10 other teams. The team that came in 1st place would automatically get a "pass" to Nationals and could skip Regionals if they chose. With a lot of prayer & hard work God's Girlz came in first place by remaining undefeated all day! Yes folks, they won 10 games and no losses! They were able to beat the really tough #1 & #2 teams from the season and kept on going. This was no small feat as the other teams switched up players after the end of the season by taking best players off their other teams & putting them together. We are just a homeschool group team. All the other teams are representing churches who may have 2-3 teams per church. They can switch kids around to make a "super team" at the end of the season. That's why I'm even happier for this group of girls. They did it & are sticking together.

I'm so proud of my kid and forgive all the exclamation points I'll be using during this post:)
I'm proud off all these wonderful girls. Two girls also took 1st & 5th place in top individual scores. Hannah is a 10 point girl but she has decided to try to learn some 30 point questions too. In two matches she actually did buzz in and answer correctly two 30 point questions! That's amazing to me. Her coaches weren't worried when she buzzed in but I certainly was holding my breath.  So proud of our girl!!

We will still go to Regional competition since it's here in AZ but the pressure if off. Yay! We want to get more practice-especially against different teams. That's in less than 2 weeks and it covers 2 days.

We're still fundraising to cover travel expenses but this was such an answer to prayer that it has to be God's will for this team to get to Florida. That means God will provide the funds some way soon. Nationals is in early June.

I want to thank everyone who was praying for God's Girlz. We could feel it. After they beat the top 2 teams, I knew something was up! God blessed us yesterday with a guaranteed spot and no need of worrying over Regionals. Oh, did I mention how proud I am?

No comments: