Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Visit with Todd's parents



Joshua playing checkers with Grandpa at Cracker Barrel


At the White Tanks new library nature walk.

The State Fair ribbons. Hannah with her 3 first place ribbons,one participation ribbon, & 2 honorable mention ribbons. Joshua with his 2nd,3rd,4th, & participation ribbons.


Last week Todd's parents came for a short visit Thursday-Sunday. We ate out at yummy restaurants,went to the new library out by the White Tank Mountains, and went bowling. I had one game with 4 strikes and a score of 169 beating everyone. I mention this so I have a record of it because I usually cannot break 100. While I admit to having the bumpers, I didn't really make use out of them in that particular game. The first 2 games I DID need the bumpers but I guess I got better with practice:)

The visit ended too soon and Hannah is always sad after a trip to the airport. We thought it would cheer her up to put up the Christmas tree. It's up and so are the little trees the kids keep in their rooms.

Todd's been working a mixture of mornings and nights this week. It throws my plans out of whack but I'll survive. For example: Todd was supposed to work 9am-5pm today. He got sent home because they needed him for tonight for some reason instead. So now he went in at 2:30pm and works till 11pm which means he cannot possibly open tomorrow at 5am as was originally scheduled. The rest of the week and weekend is unknown at this moment. How does that mess me up? Well, Joshua woke up sick today which means we can't get to Bible Study tonight. I have to stay home with sickie. Little stuff like that. I don't like stuff messing up my well thought out plans. Oh well. I guess it's "lounge around and watch a movie" night. Enough complaining. I'm glad he has a job:)

No comments: