Thursday, March 11, 2010

See below for the slide show for our San Diego trip. It was a pain to make so you all better appreciate it. I won't bore you with the details but I hope you enjoy it.

The kids had fun at their Art & Poetry Ice Cream Social last week. Todd was asked to go to San Antonio,TX, last week to help with the grand opening of an air force base exchange store. He was gone Wednesday night to Saturday evening. Since we had to get him from the airport we missed the hoedown at the White Tanks.

We had a visit for 2 nights from my Mom earlier this week.
We were too late to get tickets to the Blackhawks game later this month so we'll have to see it at a bar or restaurant. Bummer. I am glad about saving money though. Hannah's supposed to be in another fashion show at the base later this month too.

Basketball is over & both kids earned silver medals. I think they'd have won gold had the teams been evened up better talent/skill/experience/size-wise. We're taking a break from baseball but will do hockey in late April/May.

Joshua made me laugh so hard doing school today and unfortunately it made him cry but it WAS funny. In language arts he has finished up all his 1st grade books so I started the 2nd grade books today. In the first lesson it explained about breaking up big spelling words into syllables to help remember them. The directions asked him to study 3 words on the previous page & then spell them without looking. If he got them right he could color in a big star. He starts writing & I check email. I see his first word is correct even though it's kinda big & slanted a little. I go back to the computer while he tries the 2nd word. I see he has written it right over the star he's supposed to color. I ask why he did that. He gives me a look with his hands outstretched & says "Well, it's hard to write without looking!". I bust up laughing because he takes "without looking" to mean do it with your eyes shut instead of "no peeking". Gotta love him!

My darlings are arguing so that's it for now:o)


No comments: