Saturday, April 18, 2009

Art & Poetry Fair


The kids with their art & poetry & certificates.

The kids eating their ice cream after the Fair.

Joshua & his pottery

Hannah & her pottery.


Yesterday was the Art & Poetry Fair (& ice cream social) with HEoS. Hannah traced some pictures & colored some in & they each made a piece of pottery with clay. Each one also wrote a poem. I was surprised Joshua wanted to try but I think he only did it because Hannah did. Here is Joshua's short & sweet/to-the-point poem:

Movies are something I like to see.
I like friends to go with me.

He refused to read it of course. He would not even get up to accept his 2 certificates. Hannah did read her poem in front of everyone. We were very proud. There's still hope for her brother!

Here is Hannah's poem:

Spring

Spring is not a time for snow
but the grass is green & flowers grow.
Look at all the colors here.
Spring comes every year.
Spring is a very, very good thing.
I can just hear the birds sing.
Sometimes I like to go outside for an hour.
Spring has some kind of good power.

The hockey game did not go well on Wednesday-big loss (10-0). Hannah was not feeling well so she sat out but Joshua did play. He got to play goalie again. I think he's very good. It could have easily been 25-0 had he NOT been in goal. He stopped so many shots. He never feels bad & just has fun.

We went to Build-a-Bear today. They sent ME a gift card for my birthday for $14. I guess they did not check my age:) I told the kids they could get one of the less expensive bears & split my card so they each had $7 off a bear. Then they used some Easter money from Grandma to pay the rest. They each paid $6. Hannah got a dog (Sparkles) & Joshua got a bunny (Fuzzy). They still had money left over.

We are eagerly awaiting Grandma Judy's visit next week.

No comments: