Monday, October 29, 2012

State Fair

 Hannah with her dragon puppet.
 Hannah's melted pony bead bowl. Joshua did one with a cool American Flag look to it but the picture I took doesn't do it justice. Ask to see it next time you come over;)


 Joshua's shell art.
 Hannah's "cherry pie" cupcakes.
 Hannah's chocolate mint bark (tasted like Andes mints) & Joshua's molded candy suckers.

 In the butterfly pavilion.
We went on our annual State Fair field trip last week. The kids were so excited to see what ribbons they won. I admit it, I was excited too. I am not posting pictures of everything they entered as there was so much but I am including a few. I will tell you the ribbon count in the student art section (that's the art you can enter for free):
Hannah-
3 Honorable Mention
4 First Place
1 Third Place 

Joshua-
2 First Place
2 Second Place
1 Fourth Place

While they did enter a bit more art than they placed in, they did do very well in the Home Arts & the Culinary entries-those are the areas it cost $1 per entry to enter. Then when you place, you win cash. $5 for 1st place, $3 for 2nd place, & $2 for 3rd place. 

Here's the ribbon count for those categories (you can do the math on their cash winnings):
Hannah-
4 First Place
1 Second Place
1 Third Place

Joshua-
3 First Place
1 Second Place
1 Third Place

Very exciting stuff. We also checked out the butterfly pavilion,the animals & petting zoo, the behemoth bug area, the body display, an NFL experience, and a couple rides. I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the body display but it was sufficiently gross to the kids.  The kids got their 3 free rides through the reading program & went on the Tilt-A-Whirl together while Todd & I watched. Rides were just too expensive so with their leftover ride credits we went on one ride together as a family before heading home. We stopped for pizza on the way home. 

I took Hannah to her crochet class at the library that afternoon. She's making some pretty scarves that I think she should sell. I just need to figure out where. We were all exhausted .

I know I'm going backwards in pictures but I really wanted to post the TBQ stuff before these. 

Upcoming events include the kids & I seeing The Little Mermaid play, Hannah & I watching the Phoenix Moezart cast perform in Wild West Tales this Friday,  and volunteering with Feed My Starving Children. After these things we'll have a small lull so pictures will not be very often. BUT, when Hannah performs I'll be back in full swing:)


No comments: