Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Joshua's 7th Birthday


Hockey rink birthday cake for the sports themed party. Like my Stanley Cup? I do. Can't wait for the real one to reside in Chicago soon!! Go Blackhawks!

On Joshua's actual birthday he got to pick lunch. He chose Peter Piper Pizza & hit the jackpot on a game. He ended up with over 1000 tickets. Hannah hit a smaller jackpot & ended up with over 600 tickets. Isn't he cute?

Craft time-making pennants at the party.


Joshua is 7 now. He had a sports themed party. He loved his gifts from everyone. He is spending money & a gift card wisely plus he finally got a Nintendo DS. He already bought light saber styluses, a Fur Real bunny, a Star Wars Trouble game, & a Lego Star Wars set with some of his money & gift card.


Last week Todd's mom came for a Surprise visit. The kids did not know she was coming. I got my shifts covered at work while she was here so I was off for almost a week. We went bowling at the Air Force Base one night and all I can say is: Thank goodness for the bumpers they put up for kids! I sure needed them. And the A/C went out in the van again. Same problem we had back in October on our way to Disneyland. The only difference was there was no huge piece of metal I could run over to jolt it back to working. At first everything worked fine for the mechanics & they had me pick it up as the air would blow fine for them. I leave happily thinking I dodged a big bill only to get in the van and have it not blowing air again. I march right back in to tell them. $300 later we now have air again. Yay for air-Yuck for $300 bill:(
As I try to find the bright side to this unexpected expense all I can come up with is at least the timing of it was when I was able to leave the van in the shop for 2 nights. I didn't have to get to work after all. That's all I can come up with right now. The pessimist in me thinks about how I was off work & that equals no money to pay that bill! Such is life:o)

I was totally slacking in my May birthday update at the beginning of the month. I was so wrapped up in Joshua's day that I left off a few people. I even forgot the card. So sorry! Hopefully I will be forgiven.
Happy belated birthday to:
Wendy-Todd's sister
Paul-friend
Alexis-Paul's daughter (I'm pretty sure she forgives me as she's only 3 & not surfing the web as far as I know).

The kids have one more hockey game left next week. We're skipping summer soccer due to lack of funds (see van A/C problem).

No comments: