Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Birthday

Just one birthday this month:
My Mom-March 7th
We love you & hope you have a great day!

I'm still working on the slide show of San Diego pictures but if you are on Facebook I put a bunch up on there.

March events include an art & poetry fair, hoedown at the White Tank Mountains,& St. Patrick's Day party all with HEofS. Also, a Blackhawks game and Hannah is in another fashion show at the base. Basketball will be over 2 weeks from tomorrow & I'm looking forward to a Wednesday break of sports for 6 weeks or so. Just until hockey starts sometime in late April/May. It's time for baseball & that's the one sport they don't play.

We will be doing the Disney "Give a day, Get a Disney Day" volunteer promotion later today. I had seen an opportunity before but never heard back from the company & then it was never listed again until last week. We gather up 40+ gently used or new books for needy kids from Title 1 schools. Then we decorated a bankers box & put all the books in it & the kids get to take the box home with them to keep. This fits the kids so well as they love books & they don't have to talk to strangers! We collected about 40 books off their shelves & I bought some more at Savers so we were able to fill the box with over 50 books. I feel a little guilty for getting a day at Disneyland for so little effort but I would like to continue this idea throughout the year. So, If you ever have kids books to donate some where then give them to me! K-5th grade books are needed in good shape. Hannah also made bookmarks to donate with the box. I put them in an envelope on the side of the box. That was our own little "extra" idea. We deliver it to the organization today. Then we'll use our free day to upgrade our tickets on our next visit.

No comments: