Thursday, December 17, 2009

Theater & Football




We saw Winnie the Pooh-A Christmas Tale on Tuesday with my Mom at the Valley Youth Theater. It was a cute play & the kids enjoyed it.

Wednesday was the kids' first football game. I couldn't get really good shots of Hannah playing. The ones I did take it's hard to tell where she is but she did catch the ball 2 times. The picture above is the best I could get of Joshua running with the ball. He's on the right in green. He won his game. Hannah had 2 games because there's only 3 teams in her division. She won one & lost one. I think Joshua got more of a workout after his game while running around playing with the other kids. They were doing a little bit of tackle football! They both had fun but now we're on Christmas break so they don't play again till next year. And, for some of you NOT in Arizona:yes, it is warm enough to wear shorts the week before Christmas as you'll notice in that picture. I was pretty warm just watching them play so I can imagine the kids were hot. I swear I did not post the picture to make you jealous:) I'd like a little more cold!

Todd took the kids caroling at church tonight while I worked. Hannah had been looking forward to it. I was not. The thought of my singing where there's not a lot of other people to drown me out was a little scary. I felt like I might not be bringing joy to unsuspecting homeowners. God saved me the embarrassment by me being called to cover a shift at work. I really needed an extra shift anyway because of the way the Christmas & New Year holidays fall this year. Fridays off equals smaller paycheck. Todd said one person shut the door on them & another wouldn't answer the door after turning out the porch light & shutting the window. Very sad.

That's it for now till Christmas!!

No comments: