Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Almost there

We're almost there-to our annual Disneyland Family Vacation. We've had nothing exciting going on. Just Joshua being sick. We're all pumping vitamin C & zinc into our systems & I'm disinfecting like crazy. I wouldn't be such a germ-o-phobe if it were not a week before our trip-at least that's when he got sick. He's on the mend & I'm hoping the rest of us stay clear of it. I think it was just a cold. Runny nose,cough,fever. And I knew he was tired. Two days in a row he fell asleep for a nap. Once he even went up to his room. He hasn't napped in 3 years! He's been getting back to his old self today. I'm thrilled to be off work for 13 days.

Hannah has one more theater class tomorrow before their performance after we get back. She has her monologue memorized & 3 different lines (to jokes I think). Her birthday party should be Nov 1st. I'm going to try to make a Disneyland cake. "Try" is the main word there. I have some wonderful ideas in my head but not sure how it will come together with actual cake & frosting.

The A/C went out in the van yesterday. Such a bummer. I'm glad we're heading into winter but it's still supposed to be close to 90 degrees this week. It works in the far back of the van but not up front. Ugh.

I took the kids to a homeschool open house at a recreation center in Peoria on Friday. We went last year & the kids had fun climbing their rock wall & playing in the game room. Mostly Wii bowling & baseball as well as foosball. The pictures didn't turn out well because of the lighting.

So, that's been about it lately. Upcoming stuff will be Disneyland,Hannah's b-day party, the State Fair, a museum trip,& a visit from Todd's parents before Thanksgiving. I should have lots of pictures soon.

No comments: