Saturday, November 29, 2008

Stargazing

I realize I'm going backwards with pictures & happenings but I don't care! In October we went stargazing with part of our homeschool group. We saw plenty of stars,constellations, Venus,Jupiter, & of course the moon. The people who bring out their huge & expensive telescopes helped us put our camera up to the lens & we got a picture of Jupiter & the moon. The moon picture here is the best of the bunch. We also learned that every October 20th we pass through the debris of Hailey's Comet so there's meteor showers at that time every year. The best time to see them is between midnight & dawn. So, guess what we did on Hannah's birthday which just happens to fall on October 20th every year as well? Yep, we stayed up to watch. We laid out on our fake grass with blankets watching the skies. We saw quite a few more than I expected & one really good one. I finally called it quits around 1am or so & took Joshua inside. Todd & Hannah stayed up a bit longer.






Here we are with a telescope I wish we could afford. $9-10 grand. Yes, I asked.

No comments: